Skip to main content
Submitted by scadatronic on Sun, 03/01/2015 - 22:59

GALIL HELLO...

I'm trying to connect RIO-47 120 through the RS232 serial interface using GALIL SUITE.
In the Launcher tab I see the connection details with strange messege: OS0000, COM1 - 115200, -1
(probably not recognize the controller model)...
In the attached file I captured all relevant screen messages - please change the file type from .txt to .pdf....

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...

ELI

Comments 1

MattK on 03/03/2015 - 14:51

Hello Eli,
The OS label indicates that your controller is in monitor mode.
This is a lower level operating system on the controller that you can connect to in the event of corrupted firmware.
The connection string you have shown means you are connected.
In this case, pressing the Enter key in the GalilSuite terminal should return a ">" instead of the standard colon response.
If this is the case you either have the upgrade jumper installed on the controller, labeled UG, or the RIOs firmware has become corrupt and will need to be downloaded again.
You can do this by downloading the latest RIO firmware from our website here:
http://www.galil.com/downloads/firmware#rio-47xxx
The download will be a .hex file in a zipped folder. Unzip the folder before downloading to the controller

Once connected in monitor mode, go to the controller/download firmware menu item and navigate to the firmware file.
It will take a minute or two for the firmware to download. Afterwards you should be able to connect normally.