Skip to main content
Submitted by Adri1Panda on Mon, 11/09/2015 - 03:54

Hello from France to Galil experts,

Last year was this problem http://www.galil.com/forums/communications/dmc2020-cannot-communicate-t…
And now i use a DMC-2120 with Ethernet onboard (but on the machine only RS232 is used)

The Controller didn't used for a long time (several months), but was regularly powered on.
Last 2 weeks, it was working well.
But last friday the problems began :

When i use the function Download file to Controller i don't see any changes from RAM/EEPROM Values.
So after MRST, i ask in the command window "KP ?,?" it answers "6.00,6.00"
Then i send the PARAM.dmc file (DL button) that contains KP 2.750 and KP,0.000
I ask again it still answers "6.00,6.00"
I send BN then BP, then BV
still answers "6.00,6.00"
I send RS
still answers "6.00,6.00"

Finally, if i type manually in the command windows "KP 2,3"
Then i ask "KP ?,?" it answers "2.00,3.00" (so i think the RAM is not defective)
Then i power-it on again, it get back to previous (as i didn't send a BN command)

I do the KP command again, then send BN value then RS
When power-it on the values stays as i defined them (so the EEPROM does'nt look defective)

I tried through Ethernet same behavior
I tried with the older DMC-2020 controller, it reacts the same way

Did i do something wrong ? Is the file formated correctly ? I tried ANSI and UTF-8 file format doing same result
Could you please help me send the files in the controller ?
Enclosed the PARAM.dmc i try to send (that contains axis parameter)

Thank you for considering my trouble
Regards, Adrien

Comments 2

Adri1Panda on 11/09/2015 - 08:40

So it appears the PARAM.dmc should contain the #AUTO at the beginning and EN at the end to run after BP;RS command... Could you confirm ?
It is so many years (maybe 2002) this dumb file is used..., but actually was useless :-$
Makes no sense to me, so icorrect it with #AUTO and EN to make it good,

The problem also came from a corrupted or mishandled .dmc file that was empty
Bye

MattK on 11/10/2015 - 16:31

Hello Adrien,

You initially mention using the MRST jumper yet later on mention using RS. The difference between the two is crucial. The MRST jumper (or issuing ctrl-R ctrl-V from the terminal) restores the controller to factory defaults, clearing all burned parameters, programs and variables/arrays. Issuing RS from the terminal will only restore values that have not been burned to EEPROM with BN/BP/BV.

Although you can certainly assign all parameters from a #AUTO routine upon program start up, this is not necessary in order to issue BN etc.

I would double check that your Master Reset jumper is not installed.