Skip to main content
Submitted by andrebarcay on Wed, 07/15/2015 - 22:27

I have a DMC 2123 and I tried to connect to Galilsuite through the Ethernet port and I got a "no data" message. The configure screen shows no axes at all.
I though I would try a complete reset and download all new firmware to the controller. I have a USB to RS232 cable with handshaking and I can't download anything. All I get is an error 301.

Do I need to try a different cable or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Andre

Comments 1

MattK on 07/21/2015 - 15:25

Hello Andre,

You may be seeing the result of two separate behaviors:
If using Windows 7 or 8, Ethernet connections can be interfered with by the Windows firewall. We offer an application note on setting firewall exceptions here: http://www.galil.com/learn/application-note/windows-7-firewall-exceptio…
Alternatively, if you install the latest version of GalilSuite, the installer will prompt you to install these exceptions automatically.

When connecting via serial, it is crucial that you be connected to the controller at the right communication speed (buad rate). The maximum baud rate for the DMC-21x3 is 19200 but it is configurable to lower speeds using the baud rate jumpers located on the PCB. Please ensure that you are attempting to connect to the controller using the correct baud rate.

Furthermore, although handshaking is enabled on your cable, you need to ensure that it is a straight through serial cable and not a null modem cable. The easiest way to check this (if the cable is not labelled) is to use a multimeter to check continuity between the corresponding pins on each side.