Skip to main content
Submitted by durairajasivam on Fri, 09/02/2016 - 22:56

Hello,
We are building stewart platfrom ( 6 Axis ) for a customer , they want to do forward and reverse kinematic conversion in their own tool and they will send absolute position of each axis to us in excel sheet , I have already done a .net project will send these absolute values to galil (we are using DMC 4080) .

I need a advise from you guys , which type of motion mode i need to use from these modes Linear Interpolation , PVT or Vector Mode? Which one will take absolute position data.

I have gone through DMC Manuals from there i understand LI and PVT move relative !.

How to move all six axis synchronized and with absolute command ? is there any motion mode i can use it. anybody has experience please share your thoughts.

looking froward your advise .

thanks in Advance
Sivam

Comments 5

AndrewS on 09/06/2016 - 11:57

Hi Sivam,
With a 6-axis coordination, you're going to need to convert from absolute to relative. This conversion should be straight-forward as it is the absolute position minus the previous absolute position. Vector can do absolute, but is limited to 2 axes.
For which mode of motion to use: Linear Interpolation is best for reaching the points and doing everything at the same vector speed. PVT or Contour will be best if you need to reach specific positions at certain time points.

Regards,
Andrew

durairajasivam on 09/06/2016 - 22:42

Hi Andew,
Thanks for your response,i will use the Linear interpolation mode. Do you have any example code to refer with it?.

Regards,
Sivam

durairajasivam on 09/26/2016 - 01:43

Thank you Andrew , By the way , is there anyway to read the _LMS value (S buffer Space) using gclib ?. When i tried " string read = gclib.GCommand("_LMS?");" it is throwing me a exception.

Thanks
Sivam

durairajasivam on 09/26/2016 - 01:57

HI Andrew , I found it , it is just "LM?" .

Thanks
Sivam.