Skip to main content
Submitted by mcSoleil on Fri, 04/12/2013 - 06:00

Hello,

First, I apologize for my bad english.

We use Galil product (especially dmc2182 for the moment) since 7 years and developped a microcode. This microcode contain more than 1500 rows. I can download it inside the controller, easily with other softwares (like smart terminal or galil tools) but I can't with galil suite.

the message is : "Exceed maximum row 1000 at line 999"

Is anyone had this problem? Am I alone? How can I fix it? I din't really understood some parameters in the tab "preference"...so maybe I could change it inside.

I've a full version of the SW.

Regards,

MC

Comments 4

Galil_DJR on 04/12/2013 - 08:35

Hello MC,
Previous software "compressed' the DMC code to fit in the 80 characters x 1000 line limit.

Although this feature is planned for GalilSuite, it has not yet been added to the software.

I suggest that you download the file with GalilTools. You can download it, then upload it to see the compressed version. If you work with the compressed version in GalilSuite, you will be able to download.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Stay tuned to the software release notes for the upgrade:
http://www.galilmc.com/support/downloads/software/galilsuite/release_no…

mcSoleil on 04/15/2013 - 07:02

Hello,

Thanks for this reactive answer.

For information to other users :

I checked the difference between compressed code and normal code.
Only the columns are compressed. If a comment take one row, it's not suppressed. I had to suppress them manually.

Hope this feature will be add quickly.

Regards,

MC

Galil_DJR on 04/15/2013 - 08:46

When GalilTools invokes compression, comments should be removed. Are you not seeing this?

mcSoleil on 04/16/2013 - 02:28

Oh, When I looked for the way it compressed, I noticed first that it's not compressed at all. But, while trying, it did. (And I guess, the compressed code only for column, have been did manually)

Let me explain how I did :

First, I downloaded the code with DMCst. Then, I uploaded it with GalilTools. At this point, the uploaded code is not compressed at all. (not for columns, neither for rows).

Secondly, I tried to download and execute the "not compressed code" with GalilTools and got the message :

"8060 COMPRESSION WARNING. Galil::programDownload() modified program to fit in 2400 lines by 80 columns (check LS)
:
Executed program from program1.dmc"

Then, when I upload the code, It's compressed, without comments.

Sorry for my mistake. Compression works perfectly, but the code can't be read anymore (because of his complexity). thanks for your help. I keep looking for new updates.

Regards,