Skip to main content
Submitted by chris m elam on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 07:49

Galil controller: DMC2080 ( fully wired serial connection) Firmware D200[b]XXXX[/b].HEX
GalilTools
Windows XP

Hi,

I'm using the GalilTools C# comms library to interface to our DMC2080 controllers. We have previously interfaced to these controllers using a Delphi comms library and need to port to C#.

Please could you confirm if the DMC2080 is supported by GalilTools. My C# application seems to work as expected except that comms hardware handshaking does not work and times out when trying to download Galil application code in GalilTools terminal (DMCSmartTerm works OK with hardware handshake). GalilTools seems to work fine with XON / XOFF though?

The error I get in GalilTools terminal is "1011 TIMEOUT ERROR. Galil::Command(DL100 ") took longer than 10000 ms to read : response.

I have extended the GalilTools -t and -l command line timeouts but this still fails.

Please could you indicate if there is anything else I can try or if I should use another C# comms library for this DMC2080 controller?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Comments 1

Galil_MarissaT on 04/23/2014 - 12:07

Hi Chris,

Based upon your firmware revision name you have a NRE special. This means your controller firmware (and maybe even hardware) is unique.

To protect the proprietary nature of your firmware I recommend moving this conversation to e-mail.

Please contact me at marissat at galilmc dot com and include the serial number of the unit.