Skip to main content
Submitted by CAI on Mon, 11/16/2009 - 12:34

I have a DMC-1500 controller. I download program to the controller,the program will be missing if I power off and power on again. Could you tell me what is the problem in this controller?
I download the program to X axis, the motor runs well. But when I download the same program to the other axis, alarm LED light on and the Yaskawa drive lose controll. Could you tell me why?
Thanks!

Comments 7

Galil_DJR on 11/16/2009 - 13:49

[quote]I have a DMC-1500 controller. I download program to the controller,the program will be missing if I power off and power on again. Could you tell me what is the problem in this controller? [/quote]

You must issue BP to burn the program to non-volatile flash

[quote]I download the program to X axis, the motor runs well. But when I download the same program to the other axis, alarm LED light on and the Yaskawa drive lose controll. Could you tell me why?[/quote]

I don't understand. You cannot download a program "to an axis". When you download any program, it is global. Can you please provide more information with code examples?

CAI on 11/17/2009 - 06:59

When I run the program listed below, x axis run ok. If I change X to Y or other axis,alarm LED light on and the Yaskawa drive lose control.

#RPM
SHX; ACX=1000000; DCX=_ACX
SCONV=8192/60 //CONVERT RPM TO COUNTS PER SECOND
JGX=100; BGX
#LOOP
SPEED=1000
JP #QUIT,SPEED4500
JGX=SPEED*SCONV UNITS TO CONVERT SPEED
BGX
JP #LOOP
EN

#QUIT
STX; AMX
EN

Galil_DJR on 11/17/2009 - 14:01

Notes:
// is not the comment delimiter for Galil code. Try ;'
If you are trying to update speed during a jog in the #LOOP, don't put BGn in the loop, just update JGn=

Other than that, the code looks ok. Can you normally servo and control the Y axis from the terminal?

CAI on 11/18/2009 - 05:54

No , I can't control other axis except X axis. But I can enable and disable every axis.

Galil_DJR on 11/18/2009 - 08:44

Ok, so what happens when you send the following from the terminal

ST
JGY=1024
SHY
BGY

If the motor runs away, you probably have reversed feedback. Try

ST
MO
MTY=-1
JGY=1024
SHY
BGY

Send this all from the terminal, not from a DMC application.

CAI on 12/01/2009 - 11:47

I try Y axis ,the motor runs away both direction. I try X,Z,W axis using same drive and motor, the same code from the terminal, the motor runs very very slow . But I run my program, X axis runs very well. I can control motor's speed. What is the problem? Is the hardware problem or programing problem? Do I need to update the software in the controller?
Thanks