Skip to main content
Submitted by jantonio on Mon, 02/26/2018 - 10:44

Hello Sirs
I have a problem with my galil DMC-2143. This card has four ports for motors each of them has another port associated to the signal of sensors and emcoders. Three days ago could have response from the outputs x and, so disconnect the terminals that go from the power source to the card to see what could be failing. then try to work with the x output today and I do not have an answer as if it happened before the terminal was disconnected. could someone help me with this matter if they were so kind. I'm going to attach some images of the card so that they get an idea of the matter.

Comments 3

VincentN on 02/27/2018 - 09:51

jantonio,

What specifically is not working about the X axis? Can you command position? Is the motor running away? Was there a change in wiring between when it was working and not working? You can check different commands like TA or SC to see what they report and you might be able to learn some information from them. I suggest emailing into support AT galil DOT com to get in touch with an applications engineer who will be able to assist you. Please give as much detail as you can when describing your issue.

jantonio on 02/28/2018 - 06:23

hello vicentN
First of all thank you for your help and answering your questions

What specifically is not working about the X axis?
-the output of the x-axis card is not working as the other two as Z, T
Can you command position?
-before I could control it but now I can not that happened before I disconnected the card from the power board of the motor but I connected it as it was
Is the motor running away?
-I do not know what you mean by this question excuse my ignorance
Was there a change in wiring between when it was working and not working?
-disconnect the terminal that goes from the card to the power stage of the motor but connect it again in the same place and there is no way to connect it badly because the terminal has the guides this step is done with the four power stages of the motors
I used the TA command and as a response I had the following:
TA;
:: TB;
:: TC;
:: TD;
  0, 0, 0, 0
::
then I introduced SC and got this answer and n is what it means:
: SC;
  4, 4, 4, 4
::

VincentN on 02/28/2018 - 09:01

jantonio,

It looks like you are in contact with another applications engineer at Galil. Please follow their recommendations on how to proceed.