Forums - Galil: We Move The World
Topic Options
#881 - 09/02/04 01:50 PM Yaskawa servopack
Alin Dobrescu Offline

Loc: Romania
Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Yaskawa SGDA-04AS and an SGD-08AS to an DMC-1540 directly,w/o any connecting module.
My problem is that the servopack goes in error state probably because his CN2 connector miss the encoder signals attempting to close the loop;I connect the encoder to DMC-1540 and it seems to work fine.
Do you have any suggestion to inhibe this happened?

Thanks,

Alin Dobrescu

#882 - 09/02/04 02:00 PM Re: Yaskawa servopack
GlenG Offline

Loc: Rocklin, CA
Alin,

The Yaskawa is probably trying to commutate the motors based off of encoder feedback. What you need to do in that case is make the amplifer "dumb" by not using the closed loop features of the amps. Use them as open-loop current controlled devices. If the amps have to have encoder feedback, then you will have to run the feedback first to them, then to the Galil from the amps.

#883 - 09/02/04 02:47 PM Re: Yaskawa servopack
Alin Dobrescu Offline

Loc: Romania
Dear Glen,
Thanks for promptitude.
Right,but I don't know how to make it.
If you have more information about this kind of amps please help me.
I probably must contact Yaskawa,too.
I know that you need a serial device to program a servopack;I don't have it but I hope I could use the serial port of PC to do it.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Alin Dobrescu

#884 - 09/02/04 03:39 PM Re: Yaskawa servopack
GlenG Offline

Loc: Rocklin, CA
Alin,

You'll need to get specific amp information from them. To give you a head start without calling them, here are the links to what I believe are the amps you are working with:

Main Page for SGDH Drives:
"http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Products.nsf/products/Servo%20Amplifiers~SGDHSigmaII.html"

Main Page for Connection and Wiring:
"http://www.yaskawa.com/site/DMServo.nsf/(DocID)/TKUR-5Z4R7S/$FILE/G-MI-99001-SGDH-CD.pdf"

And, in case you do not have the information, here is the manual for the DMC 1500 where the wiring pinout is in the appendices:
"http://66.60.181.132/xnet/checkreg.aspx?location=manuals&target=man1500"

#885 - 12/12/04 02:01 PM Re: Yaskawa servopack
Tomc Offline

Alin,
I'm currently working on a CNC conversion usint the Galil 1760 and three SGDA15 servo amps. In order to use the Yaskawa amps and motors you have to have the motor encoders connected to the amps directly (CN1 on the amps). This is because the servo amps need the encoder information for controling the comutation of the motors. The Yaskawa amps have a generated encoder output that can be programmed for any resolution on CN2. That is run to the Galil axis encoder A,B,& Index inputs. Also, Yaskawa has a servo programing package to assist in the setup of your amps (SigmaWin). If you need help with this feel free to contact me at tom@proplink.org.

Moderator:  RobinR