Training Classes at Galil
Current users of Galil Motion Controllers and RIO PLCs will benefit most from our two-day intensive, hands-on "Product workshop", working side-by-side with Galil application engineers. Conducted at Galil's headquarters in Rocklin, CA (near Sacramento), students will gain detailed understanding about connecting system elements, system tuning and motion programming. This is a "hands-on" seminar and students can test their application on actual hardware and review it with Galil engineers. Attendees must have a current application and must have purchased a Galil controller to attend this course.
What You'll Learn:
- Overview of motion control systems
- Elements of motion control systems
- Connection of hardware
- Tuning servo systems using GalilSuite software and Lab
- Motion programming and Lab
- Application Examples
- gclib Communication Libraries
- Review of individual applications and Lab
- Individual instruction as needed
Time:2 days 8:30am - 4:30pm
Requirements:Must have purchased a Galil controller
Schedule:August 3rd & 4th, 2017 at Galil
To Register:Call Galil at 800-377-6329
Motion Control Basics Online Class
Now you can learn about motion control at your own pace, without having to leave your office. Register on-line for Galil's web-based motion control class authored by Dr. Jacob Tal, the acclaimed expert in motion control. The on-line course includes animated visuals accompanied by audio, a glossary of terms, quizzes, and FAQs. The self-paced course includes two modules which are approximately two hours each: Module 1. Designing Motion Control Systems, and Module 2. Programming Motion Control Systems. Visual slides can be printed for future reference. This course is free with controller purchase. Contact Galil for details.
Designing Motion Control Systems
- Mechanical Coupling
- Velocity profile
- Sensor Placement
- Tuning Procedure
- Advanced Tuning Features
- Autotuning with WSDK
Programming Motion Control Systems
- Independent axis positioning
- Linear and Circular interpolation
- Electronic gearing
- Program Structure
- Inputs and Outputs
- Point-to-Point Moves
- Linear and Circular Interpolation Diagnostics
- Minimizing Position Error
- Tension control using Electronic Gearing
- Dual Loop
Motion Control Made Easy
Dr. Jacob Tal's popular "Motion Control Made Easy" class is available on DVD. About 3 hours. $79 plus shipping. Dr. Jacob Tal's book "Step-by-Step Design of Motion Control Systems" is available for $25 plus shipping. 200 pages, 1994.
Motion Control Made Easy on DVD
- Basics of Servo Motion Control- Learn about the elements of motion control and how they operate.
- Selecting System Components of a Servo System- Topics include selection criteria for motor, amplifier, encoder, coupling and controller.
- Getting the System to Work- Find out how to put a servo system together and tune it for optimum performance.
- Programming Applications- Become a skilled controller programmer to solve specific applications-from XYZ motion to electronic gearing and master/slave control.
- Design Examples- Learn the latest techniques for solving such tasks as position control, linear and circular motion, master/slave control, electronic gearing, dual loops to eliminate backlash, and tension control systems.
Textbook: "Step-by-Step Design of Motion Control Systems" by Dr. Jacob Tal
Here's the perfect design book for the novice. It covers the entire range of control from understanding theory and operation of motion control systems to component selection, analytical design, stability analysis, and programming applications.
- Written in a modular form for studying sections individually, the book covers such applications as: independent motion, linear and circular interpolation, electronic gearing, and tension control.
- The book takes the reader, step-by-step, through the design process including design, programming and implementation.