Skip to main content
Submitted by ColeRoss on Fri, 10/30/2015 - 15:22

To start with the most obvious, I don't know the first thing about making these systems talk to each other.

I have a DMC-4080 that I need to hook up 4 SureServo's (SVA-2040/SVL-204 via ZipLink), and 2 Roboteq's (SDC-2130) each controlling 2 DC motors (total of 4 dc motors). I have used each of the components independently for some bench testing. Now I need to integrate everything together being controlled by the DMC-4080 so that my big picture can come together.

I have some basic understanding on the programming side once the system is together. It's just the wiring everything up that has me confused as hell. I am having to learn about this equipment on the fly at work and unfortunately have no back ground with this stuff. (some CNC programming background and that's how I got selected for this task). Now for the down and dirty.

Axis (Control Signal)
A - - - to - - - ZipLink (This than connects to the SVA-2040 via supplied cable)
B - - - to - - - ZipLink (This than connects to the SVA-2040 via supplied cable)
C - - - to - - - ZipLink (This than connects to the SVA-2040 via supplied cable)
D - - - to - - - ZipLink (This than connects to the SVA-2040 via supplied cable)

E - - - to - - - (DC Motor)
Roboteq
F - - - to - - - (DC Motor)

G - - - to - - - (DC Motor)
Roboteq
H - - - to - - - (DC Motor)

Axis (Feed Back)
A - - - to - - - String Pot (unimeasure JX-PA type)
B - - - to - - - String Pot (unimeasure JX-PA type)
C - - - to - - - String Pot (unimeasure JX-PA type)
D - - - to - - - String Pot (unimeasure JX-PA type)

E - - - to - - - Pressure Sensor (Omega PX162)
F - - - to - - - Pressure Sensor (Omega PX162)
G - - - to - - - Pressure Sensor (Omega PX162)
H - - - to - - - Pressure Sensor (Omega PX162)

My biggest issue right now is simply this. I don't know what wires go to what pin-out on the DMC-4080. The more I read the manual the more confused I am getting with how technical all the info is and how little education I have in this specific field.

Any and all help is welcome, and I will answer any question to the best of my ability.

Thanks
Cole Coleman
Quantum Engineering Design

Comments 1

KushalP on 11/17/2015 - 16:35

Hi Cole,

The DMC-4080 outputs two types of command signals to external drives. The first is a analog command voltage signal that is 0 to 10 VDC (This can be configured to be differential with the -DIFF ordering option).

The second type of command signal is a PWM Step output. This can be used to externally control a stepper motor, or interface with external drives that take a PWM command input.

I recommend you call in to speak with either myself or another Applications Engineer. We can help given an over view of how to connect your external drives and motors.

KushalP