Skip to main content
Submitted by jthompson on Mon, 06/22/2015 - 14:59

Hello, I have a dmc-1842 rev h motion controller that came as part of a camsoft retrofit package, but have been unable to get it working.

Having had a chance to look at their software, I'm not really concerned with getting the card to work with camsoft, but I can't seem to get it to function at all.

I've tried installing many permutations of drivers (SmartTERM / GalilTools / galilSuite), operating systems (XP,vista, win7(x64 & 32), and computers, but to no avail.
The only feedback I have to go on is:

1. On booting the pc, the 1842's error led lights up for approximately half a second.
2. With Galil Suite installed, trying to connect to a device shows 2 connections under local host, but clicking either produces os io bus error (-030). Also these connections appear even if the card is removed from the pc, so i suspect they are unrelated to the 1842.

Any ideas or suggestions about what might be wrong or how I could progress would be appreciated?

Comments 1

KushalP on 07/23/2015 - 17:24

Hi jthompson,

Depending on the PCI driver Camsoft uses, you will want to use the same PCI driver. For example if the version of Camsoft software you have is using the Galil Tools PCI driver, then Galil Tools should be able to connect to the controller. Both Galil Tools and Galil Suite should be able to connect to your controller.

WSDK and SmartTERM are not supported on Windows 7. If you are using the PCI card on Windows 7, uninstall all Galil software from that PC. Install the latest version of Galil Suite from our website. During the installation be sure to check the box that says "Install PCI driver". Once Galil Suite is installed you should see your controller listed under the Local Host in Galil Suite.

1. The red LED staying on for a half second on bootup is normal. If the LED remains on then there is an error condition present which can be a result of position error or other conditions.

2. Galil Suite will list the available PCI slot connections, if you have installed the driver correctly you will see the controller part number and firmware revision show up in the connection dialog box, i.e. "DMC-1842".

As for having it work with the Camsoft software, I would reccomend contacting Camsoft support.

If you continue to have difficulty connecting to the controller, please email me at kushalp at galilmc dot com