Skip to main content
Submitted by MadDog on Mon, 02/21/2000 - 14:44

Hello,

I am using Think N Do software w/ DMC-1800, 3-axis series controller.

My Z axis, I have configured in Think N Do as Rotary type. How do I move the Z asis to move to a particular angle, i.e. 45 degrees, 180 degrees...

Comments 3

BarbaraW on 02/23/2000 - 12:46

When programming these moves using Galil commands, set the incremental distance to a variable. Define this variable as the conversion factor between encoder counts and angle of move.

Consider the following example:
your encoder has 4000 counts per revolution (quadrature)
ANGLE=(4000/360)*DEGREES
PR ANGLE
DEGREES is the value of the angle you want to move

Think N Do is a 3rd party software manufacturer. For specific questions about programming through their software, please contact their technical support department directly.

MadDog on 02/23/2000 - 16:28

Ok..thanks for the suggestion..one more question...

As I continue to move in circular motion, the position is incrementing as it goes along...eventually it will reached it's maximum position count...how do I reset the position to zero when it reaches 360 degrees movement? Using DP command?

JohnF on 02/24/2000 - 09:44

DP only works when you are not performing a commanded move. If you want to reset the position while moving, you can get creative with some of the ECAM commands. The following commands will cause the X axis count to roll over every 4000 counts:

EAX
EM4000
EB1

Setting EB back to 0 will return to the normal counting mode.

Note: You can only reset the count on 1 axis (designated by EA). Contact us directly if you need it on more than 1 axis.