Skip to main content
Submitted by ErikT on Tue, 04/07/2009 - 08:43

Hi, quick bug report. Just discovered this today.

EDIT NOTE: I have also filed this through the Feedback form.

I'm currently disconnected from the network that has the Galil controller I've been using attached to it. My previous GalilTools session was connected to the controller with the Watch window open.

I double-clicked on a DMC file to open GalilTools and edit the file. I received the 'could not connect to host' error because the IP could not be located (perfectly reasonable since it's not connected).

The Watch window shows up as empty and white instead of greyed-out like I remember in previous versions, and GalilTools, while still responsive, uses all available CPU cycles on whatever processor it is running on.

Closing the Watch window makes CPU usage return to normal; re-opening the Watch window makes it spike again.

Comments 3

Galil_DJR on 04/07/2009 - 09:03

Thanks for using the feedback form. That is the fastest way to get feedback to Galil:(From GalilTools: Help | Feedback...)

"I double-clicked on a DMC file to open GalilTools and edit the file. I received the 'could not connect to host' error because the IP could not be located (perfectly reasonable since it's not connected)."

There will be an option in the next version to not auto-connect. If auto connect is enabled (always on in 1.3.0.0) then an error dialog will be presented at launch if the previous controller is unavailable.

The Watch grayed is correct, however the CPU usage is a bug. Thank you for reporting it. This will be addressed in future versions.

Thanks again for the feedback.

ErikT on 04/07/2009 - 09:36

[quote=DJ]The Watch grayed is correct, however the CPU usage is a bug. [/quote]

Do you mean it's not supposed to look greyed-out any more or it IS supposed to look greyed-out (the same as previous versions)?

To clarify my post, the watch window did [i]NOT[/i] appear to be greyed-out; it looked the way it does when it is connected, just with an empty list.

Galil_DJR on 04/07/2009 - 10:00

Before you connect, the watch should be blank. After you connect (and on a timeout, etc) the watch will appear grayed as you saw before.